PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
(HEALTH AND BEAUTY)
Up to £40,000 Basic + Great Benefits
Get Recruited is working with an award winning, who due to an increase in business growth are looking for a Production and Operations Manager to join their successful team and progress with the business.
Overseeing the production and workshop to create award-winning organic health and Beauty products.
- Manage a current team of 2 supervisors (warehouse and production), 5 production staff and 3 warehouse operatives. 1 technical consultant.
- Planning and organising production schedules
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met and implemented where necessary
- Setup and implement GMP manufacturing procedures and achieve certification.
- Produce S.O.Ps
- Determining quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes
- Work to agreed KPI's
- Selecting, negotiating, ordering and purchasing materials
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Liaising with finance, marketing and sales staff
- Supervising the work of junior staff
- Organising relevant training sessions
- Reduce waste and improve efficiency's
- Setup COSMOS accreditation and maintain Organic certification
- Improve efficiency in company operations. Monitor and customer satisfaction and make necessary improvements.
- A minimum of 2 yrs. experience at manager or supervisor level within a food or drink production business
- Good understanding of GMP, SALSA or BRC Manufacturing
- Sage 50 accounting software
- Proficiency in English, Excel and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and awareness of HACCP
- Very good communication and teamwork skills
- A positive attitude and flexible approach to work
- Qualification in Operational Research (OR), Production Engineering, Institute of Operations Management (IOM) qualified or similar.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and a confidential discussion about the available opportunity.