£15,000 - £20,000
My client is looking to recruit a Paralegal to join the team for their Industrial Disease Department. My client would look at a strong legal secretary with their LPC, looking at getting into a paralegal position.
The successful candidate would be given the opportunity to further develop their knowledge of law.
The primary role is to provide direct support to the Industrial Disease team to enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency.
- To attend upon clients by telephone or in person to take instructions
- To liaise between clients and experts/clients and supervisor/Defendants and Counsel as requested
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts
- Manage periodic payments on account as agreed by the fee earner
- Carry out periodic costs checks on files as requested by the fee earner
- To prepare correspondence and documents for fee-earners through audio-typing and word processing as instructed
- To administer filing (which will include daily filing) and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
- To prepare mail and enclosures for collection by the Office Administrator(s)
- To check own work to minimise errors and avoid corrections by fee-earners
- Any ad hoc duties as requested by the Head of Department/Supervisor
- Good client care skills
- Good IT skills
- Paralegal Experience/Legal experience is essential
- Must have a Law degree
- Industrial Disease experience is preferred (LPC, LLB)
- Use to working in a fast-paced environment
- Good client care and communication skills
- Organisational skills
INTERESTED IN THE ROLE?
Please send over CV for immediate consideration as my client is interviewing immediately.