SALARY £16,500 + OFFICE CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS
9-5.30pm (Mon -Thurs); 9-5pm (Fri)
Get Recruited are working on behalf of a successful legal practice based in Yorkshire; they are looking to secure the services of an experienced secretary to be based between two of their offices in Pontefract.
This role is for the Industrial Disease Department, if you have this experience its a bonus!
The prime role of the Legal Secretary is to provide support to his or her Principal, allowing the department to operate at optimum efficiency. You will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative, mindful of client care at all times - this will include working for various fee earners and covering reception when needed.
- To prepare correspondence and documents for fee-earners through audio-typing and word processing.
- To administer filing (which will include daily filing) and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal if required to do so.
- To check own work to minimise errors and avoid corrections by fee-earners.
- To provide support to other secretaries as required.
- To provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone when required to do so and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required, and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and
- Provide cover for the receptionists, including:
- Notifying an available admin assistant for dispatch if over ½ hour old as priority
- Trained in secretarial practice.
- Excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills.
- Preferably previous experience as a legal secretary or experience of working in an alternative professional office.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade "A-C", or the equivalent qualification
- Good organisational ability and client care skills
TO APPLY: Please send CV for immediate consideration - Interviews being held next week