Legal Secretary - Property
Working in the Property Department, Property experience an advantage. Working with the Commercial Property Partner, Senior Commercial Property Solicitor.
- General administration duties including, keeping case/client files up to date; creating new files; referencing; general filing. Ensuring familiarity with lawyer's clients & cases.
- Amending leases, contracts and reports. Collating documentation ready to send out to client.
- Land Registry applications
- Professionally answering internal & external telephone calls & efficient message taking.
- Regular updating of deeds bible for major clients
- Keeping lawyer's diaries up to date. Book meeting rooms as necessary.
- Make travel & accommodation arrangements for lawyers.
- In solicitor's absence checks post/voicemail & email ensuring urgent matters are dealt with.
- Provides holiday/absence & pressure cover for other secretaries as needed. Participates in lunch cover rota.
- Prepare client bills for lawyer review and approval. May undertake chargeable work as directed by lawyer.
- Is familiar with and adheres to firm's policies and procedures.
- Willing to undertake all jobs to ensure smooth running of office
- Specialist property legal experience or good general secretarial experience essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Team player
- Well organised
- Flexible - willingness to work late if needed
- Able to work effectively under pressure / meet tight deadlines
- Able to adapt to latest technologies and working methods
- Professional & confident approach
- Enthusiastic, friendly and helpful
- Pro-active and able to use initiative
- Good communicator
- RSA stage 1 or 2; Min. 60 wpm with min. 80% accuracy; Audio & copy typing skills
- Good written & spoken English; polite professional telephone skills; Good working knowledge of word.
- Confidentiality essential
APPLY NOW FOR AN IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW