ASSISTANT BUYER/PURCHASING ASSISTANT
Up to £23,000 + £50O Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Get Recruited are currently recruiting on behalf of highly successful Electrical Company who are looking for an ambitious Assistant Buyer/Purchasing Assistant to join the company and support them through their expansion and continued success.
Ideally you will have previous experience within a similar role and be able to work quickly and accurately. The company offers excellent staff benefits and there are career progression opportunities available for the right candidates.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager your role as Purchasing Assistant will be to source suppliers, place orders and to manage stock levels within a fast-paced office environment. You will also be responsible for helping to monitor department performance and reacting to a growing sales demand.
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs.
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery.
- Research potential vendors
- Warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition.
- Sales team to ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained.
- Support with inter site transfer to ensure optimal stock levels are maintained.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Raise and follow supplier rejections
- Assist different departments with their procurement needs
- Min 12 month's work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Knowledge of market research
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Good communication skills and good telephone manner
- Ability to work well as a team or independently
- 25 days holiday
- Health care
- £500 bonus
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and a confidential discussion about the available opportunity.